text-align: centre;/>

Saturday 8 August 2015

Real Reviews: Curly Hair Magazine Launch event

So what was this event all about then? Curly hair Magazine has been created for naturalistas primarily in the UK. From the loose 3a to the tightest 4c texture hair, curly hair mag has something in it for you. They decided to launch a printed magazine which can be subscribed to and delivered right to you at your doorstep ! Here is a peak at a copy of this month's issue:



Guys I had sooooo much fun at the event. It was an amazing platform for networking as many media personalities were present; from bloggers, to presenters, to videographers and many more. Also, there was a section set aside for pampering the attendees.

There was a hair dressing area, where we got to have our hair done in many beautiful styles. The hair stylists are Dami from @idealladies and @hairbybu. I really enjoyed not tugging and pulling at my own hair for once! lol


 I look like such a diva right? lol I wanted to still have my hair out so we went for some funky cornrows in the front and left the pazzas at the back ! Lets see some more of their work:











It can be hard to find natural hair stylists in the UK, so I made sure I collected their business cards.

 There was also a nail bar, run by a gorgeous lady who just started her mobile business:









The venue was beyond prestige. It was so classy and became instantly lively once the ladies turn up, each with their own unique manes.





















Meet the brains behind the Magazine: Sandra Boateng and Abi.



She took her shoes off to match Sandra's height lol.



Sandra, although heavily pregnant was running around organising a few things, whilst Abi did a lot of the speeches and introductions.







There were some others who this event wouldn't have been without !






There were prizes to be won as well as goody bags for everyone who attended:





I had my eyes on those curl formers! Ive always waned to try them. To win we had three options of what we could do to get them. Being me, I picked the easiest and voila I took some home! £70 worth!

A rep actually came along and showed us how to use them
Process & Results:










Curl formers are versatile and work on all textures of hair, I will definitely be trying them soon!

I was treated with the most hospitality. I had an embarrassing trip on arrival, but the ladies made me feel like it never happened. We all laughed it off !

I remember saying 'Im hungry, I might pop over to Macdonalds quickly' ..heard me, convinced me to go get my hair done first and in about 20 minutes, I had a platter of food brought to be whilst I did my hair! 







It deserves the publicity. Honestly, best food Ive ever tasted! Me and a few ladies shared and were sooo full.

Look at all my goodies:

I'd do this event over and over again! lol
Soo much fun. 
Some more pictures...



























Make sure you head over to www.curlyhairmagazine.com to subscribe and get your own copy! Sooo many tips to be discovered.


Thank you for reading! 

Peace & Chunks 

xx

No comments :

Post a Comment