text-align: centre;/>

Saturday 8 November 2014

#CCWC Subject matter: Rape, pregnancy & abortion


So I recently began online questionnaires with the aim to challenge people's thoughts via Twitter and Instagram. I didn't want to be subtle, it was important for me to go deep. This question sparked a lot of different responses. Here is my favourite.. 
It made a whole lot of sense, most people would battle with this decision on the bases of religion. But what about the well being of the mother? It is very important to consider not just the difficulty of the pregnancy but also the trauma which may come along with raising the child. 

Furthermore, when a child decides to ask that dreadful question.. 'Where is my father' I can only imagine the hardship that comes with answering that. Does she describe how he came behind her, caught her unawares and had his way with her by force ? Or does she describe the moment she saw her first signs of pregnancy and linked it back to the moment he released his semen into her? 

Deep right ? 

Someone suggested adoption after birth, but this comes with its down sides. By the end of nine months a deep attachment had been established between mother and child. It's almost impossible to let go. I know even a lot of surrogates struggle with this.
At the end of the day, the decision lies in the hand of the woman. If she has a good enough support system, I would say keep it. God allowed that baby to come to life for a reason. Anyway let me not get all religious on you. Thanks for reading. Peace & Chunks X

No comments :

Post a Comment