text-align: centre;/>

Saturday 23 April 2016

By his Stripes 🙏🏽

It's been a while since I put a fashion post up ! 

I was really feeling these wool outfits a few ladies have been rocking lately! I was actually on the look out for a two-piece, but stumbled upon this dress for just £11! I actually grabbed the last one.     

 *pats back* 




Why is this post called 'by his stripes'? 
Am I being cheesy, blasphemous or cracking a bad biblical joke?
Well, maybe a bit of the former and latter.. Hehe..



Firstly, this dress didn't come the way I expected. Being a size 12-14, I assumed a size 10 would fit snugly, but this is one of those designs with a long slit (all the way up the thigh) and it was very unflattering. 

There was no way I could wear that to church, so I grabbed my pins and worked my magic! 




I prefer this design a lot more, and actually plan to secure it with some thread.
So how does this link to the healing power of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Well, it's exam season, and amongst all the stress I've encountered a few situations which would normally phase me. However, that very healing power, is what I've decided to hold on to in this very tough time. 



And in case you haven't noticed, the dress is stripey. *covers face* - do you see what I did there? I also did a quick stitch (healing) of the dress, when it was not in most appropriate of conditions..

And in the same way, God's got us. Even when things don't seem so right, he's there to save the day.


 May his healing power be with you as you step into new situations in life. May these situations not overwhelm you. May God Guide you every step of the way. Amen. 


Now smile, look good, and strike that care free black girl pose! (you too fellas) ! 


Dress: Asos
Bag: Dorothy Perkins
Heels: New Look
Jacket: Asos 



Thank you for reading!
Peace & Chunks
xx



No comments :

Post a Comment